Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Just B.S.

We finally graduated. Cathi and I completed our B.S. degrees in Exercise Science and Biochemistry, respectively. We also had two minors each. Cathi’s were in Nutrition and Business and mine were in Business and Spanish. We hope they’ll come in handy down the road.

It seems like I’ve lived in Provo forever, considering I started at BYU in August of ’01. Cathi started a year later. We’re excited to be moving in August. Given the time we’ve been here, it goes without saying that we’ve both taken classes we didn’t have to, but we enjoyed them and would probably take them again if we did it all over again. Along with that, we probably graduated with enough credits for three people instead of two. We’re definitely excited to be done and to not have anything else to worry about during the summer.



I guess that’s only a half-truth as we do wonder/worry about the medical school situation. You have to catch me on a good day for me to enjoy talking about it. I’m currently on the wait-list for 4 schools – University of Maryland, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Wisconsin and University of Toledo. I have no idea where I fall on VCU’s waitlist, but I do know about the other three. I’m designated as high priority for Toledo, am in the 2nd quarter for MCW and am in the first half for Maryland. That last one doesn’t tell me much as I could be fifth on the list or 105th because there are 220 people on the waitlist. So we’re just hanging out till we hear something, which could be as early as June or late as August (or Sept. for Toledo). If I’m not accepted this year, the plan is to move to NC and work for a year before re-applying. For now, we’re both working full-time at BYU at our same jobs.

Besides work, Cathi is participating in a BYU wellness program and wears a pedometer all day (she’s supposed to walk at least 8000 steps per day), has read the Twilight series and is re-reading it, and I play about 3-4 softball games a week and basketball twice.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

This is so great! A way to feel like I actually know what's going on in your lives instead of just being a good sister and calling you (or just asking mom, which is what usually happens).

I'm excited to read up on your lives =)

Mark said...

Same here. It's hard to keep it updated sometimes, but I'd like to hear more about what you do daily, so don't just update the "big news" items.

blaine and michelle said...

Glad to see you jumped on the old bandwagon! It's great to see what you're up to.

Tim and Maria Jones said...

Yay for blogs! I'm excited to keep up with you when you move!

Marilyn said...

Hi Cathi, I am at Michelle's house right now, so I think this comment will come out as being from Michelle. She is at the store right now and I am enjoying babysitting for her. I am glad that you are doing a blog. Be sure check look at mine occasionally. I feel like no one looks at it. Congrats on graduating. That must feel really good. Keep in touch. Love, Marilyn

Marilyn said...

Okay, I guess the comment did come out as being from me. I guess that's good. Love, Marilyn

Susan said...

Yeah for blogs and ramblings. We're excited to keep up a little better than our weekly phone calls too. Can't wait to have you visit us in ABQ!