Sunday, June 7, 2009

I've Wanted to Take a Picture of This Sign for 10 Months

This is perhaps one of my favorite signs in Baltimore and I finally got a good picture of it. It's right at the beginning of I-70 out here. For one, my family lives near Denver so sometimes I think 1700 miles doesn't sound that bad and maybe I should keep driving (then I quickly come to my senses and realize I'd much rather fly that distance). Second, outside of the LDS world, who really knows where Cove Fort is? Even on Google Maps all they have is a dot where I-70 intersects with I-15 in Utah. I wish I knew what people were thinking when they see these three major cities and then an ambiguous name at the bottom. It's so random, but it always makes me smile.


Go Terps!


We went for a walk at Harper's Ferry (a national park that has some Civil War history) this past weekend. Of course, we took some more pictures of Mark. He loves to suck on his hands and we've given up on trying to fight with him about it. The second one is my current favorite.



10 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm "in" the LDS world and I've never even heard of Cove Fort.

My mom said you're coming for Father's Day weekend. I'm so glad. Mark is completely adorable and I cannot wait to get my hands on him.

Kay said...

I love the picture of Mark in the Terps onesie. You need to start teaching him to say "Yuck," to UNC so he can support his team while visiting his cousins.

The Barrett Family said...

Next time you guys come to colorado give us a call so we can meet us and have dinner together! i want to see your little one so bad! he is just too cute!

mom said...

Did you like Harper's Ferry? I hope so. I love it this time of year. I don't think I have ever seen that sign. And Dan and I stopped at Cove Fort after Max was born last year. That is so random. It is literally out in the middle of no where!!

See you next week.

Sarah McM said...

He is getting so big!!

Dave said...

That is an awesome sign. That would kind of be like finding a sign on I-80 in Salt Lake saying Elyria (OH) 2000 miles. Of course perhaps more people have probably heard of Elyria, OH than Cove Fort.

Susan said...

That sign is funny! I love the new photos of Mark. He already looks older and it's only been two weeks since I've seen him!

Kyle, Tiffany, and Kaiden said...

I love the Cove Fort picture cause even most LDS people don't know where that is, but when we moved here, I pointed it out to Kyle and he didn't know what it was. I thought it was awesome.

Julia Warren said...

Your baby is soooo yummy!

Frederick Family BlogSpot said...

That sign is really funny. I drove by cove fort (twice) last week going to and from Phoenix. Both times I thought of your picture. What's even more funny is that even a few miles from Cove fort, it only makes the signs once (maybe twice) before the turnoff.