Mark found one of his church ties and a pair of sunglasses in his drawer. He HAD to wear them. I love the model face.
For some unknown reason every once in a while Mark decides he doesn't need a nap. This of course, is not true and he's cranky for the rest of the day. Sometimes though, for a brief moment, he'll stop and cuddle and watch a bit of TV. I think he knows that's the way to help calm us amidst his whining.
When Mark knows something is wrong he says "No, No, No", and then does it anyway. A couple of days ago I heard a faint knocking from his bathroom. He had shut himself in there in the dark. When I opened the door and turned on the light I found him with the entire roll of toilet paper unwound. His response? "No, no, no". Yes, that's right. NO!!

We try to go for a walk almost everyday, especially now that it's much cooler. There's a sidewalk near the trees as you go down the hill from our apartment and Mark always stops to pick up one, two, three, more if we'd let him, acorns, aka "Ball!!". He knows to look in every crack and generally finds one that hasn't been opened yet by the squirrels.
So proud of himself. You might notice the ball in his left hand that you can barely see? He discovered it in his Easter basket (he found it when we moved) and it's become his constant companion for about three weeks running. When I say constant I mean constant: it goes to the store, on walks, around the house, in the bath, and yes, he even sleeps with it. We trick him to get it before we go to church (can you imagine the fights in Nursery?). Last week he cried all the way there. Anyone know if that's a sign of a psychological problem? Now he's toting the Sam's Club card too. It's not quite as severe (doesn't bathe with it), but he is sleeping with it right now.
6 comments:
It looks like you have been having fun! I can't believe how much he has grown each time I see pictures of him. Is it getting chilly there? My brother Ben actually just got a job near Bethesda, Maryland. They are moving next week. I don't think they have figured out where they are living yet, but he is excited to come out East. Hope you are doing well.
that cute little stinker! i can't wait to see his costume. he's going to look awesome!!!
He looks so grown up now. We miss that little guy. Allie asks for him now and again and then reminds us he is in Maryland. Hope you guys are doing well.
So cute! We miss him and you like crazy! Grace loved looking at all the photos of him too. Can't wait to see his costume either! Love you!
Oh my gosh I love the story about Mark and his ball. How funny!! Their little personalities are just so so fun. Good to hear a little about what you're up to!
What a fun kid! I had completely forgotten about how Jacob used to carry things around for days or weeks at a time. It's funny to read you describing the same thing. You may have noticed I said "used to" because Jacob just stopped doing it one day on his own. I had asked our pediatrician about it (because he was also very reserved and I tend to worry) and he said it's just a security object that's not quite as cute as a blanket or bear - different item, same concept. We avoided meltdowns by telling him it had to stay in his pocket at certain places (church, library, etc) and he was fine with that. It was a lot easier than trying to get it away from him and it always did stay in his pocket. (You can't do that with a big teddy bear!) Plus, he could pat his pocket and know it was there if he needed reassurance. I don't remember how long it went on but I know he doesn't do it anymore. Sorry, I don't know if you were really looking for advice but there's my 2 cents - which is exactly what it's worth! :)
P.S. - I loved his costume yesterday - what a great Harry!
Post a Comment